IXL Math - Incredible web site with online questions for pre-school through 8th grade. Algebra I and II as well as Geometry are coming soon. State standards are listed here (good to know!). This site would be good to go to WITH Merrick and walk through the answers to each question.
Free Math Worksheets - can generate your own worksheets (aka. create a worksheet with clocks where you fill in the time in 5 min increments/half hour increments/1 hour increments, etc). The pre-made worksheets start at the 1st grade level.
Homeschool Math - some articles and resources for homeschool math. Info on math curriculum and helpful book suggestions.
Time, Money, Temperature - Unit study for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders
Info from AAA Math:
- Learn to recognize the numerals 0 through 9.
- Know that numbers have an order and be able to count easily.
- Relate numbers to quantities in real life.
- Know comparative measurement terms.
- Develop a vocabulary for the names of common geometric shapes.
- Know that quantities of items can be measured and the measurement can be expressed as a number.
- Recognize that recurring patterns occur in real life.
- Begin to manipulate numbers by simple addition and subtraction.
- Recognize the meaning of addition and subtraction.
- Money transactions
- Telling time
- Using a calendar
- Measuring quantities
- Finding patterns and using the pattern to predict what comes next.d reading calendars or clocks.
Kindergarten Hands-on Activities
|Ruler||Length||How wide, long, tall or far|
|Thermometer||Temperature||How hot, cold or warm|
|Measuring Cups & Spoons||Volume||How much|
|Length||longer/shorter, wider/narrower, taller/shorter|